Friday, October 18, 2013

I Must Have Done Something Right!

Apparently this blog has stepped on some overly sensitive toes. So I’ll just say this: if I am making you angry about the labor conditions in higher education, good. Keep reading. If I am making you angry because I am exposing labor conditions that you would rather have hidden, feel free to never read it again. Or better yet – examine your own conscience.

My goal is to bring the conditions for contingent faculty to light in the larger world outside the academy. If it raises questions and tempers within the academy, that’s fine by me.

Many of my friends in contingent positions have told me they are afraid to share my blog or comment on it because they teach at the will of their administrations. I am proud that my department chair is supporting my work on their behalf.


And as a side note – I've never burned any bridges. I have good friends everywhere I have ever taught. Friends who keep in touch with me . . . This has turned out to be a very good policy.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate what you are doing, and I hope you keep doing it. -- Aleisha DeHounds

    ReplyDelete